Following up from a previous article I wrote on my blog (here), you’ll understand a little bit more on what branding is. If you don’t have an idea of what digital marketing is, on Wikipedia, it states that:
Digital marketing (also known as data-driven marketing) is an umbrella term for the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet…
To simply put, digital marketing is promoting your business online using various channels such as
- Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.)
- Search Engine Optimization
- Paid Search or also known as SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
Sounds like a tedious task but all this can be managed using marketing automation. Marketing automation is a software that helps to simplify repetitive task. You can read more on marketing automation here(but after you finish this article, I hope).
There are 3 types of media in digital marketing:
- PAID: All media that you pay for such as ads
- OWNED: All the media that you own such as your blog, website or email
- EARNED: Organic media such as social media or articles written about you
Digital Marketing Strategy
The key for digital marketing strategy is to build out a dedicated strategy that results in a strong return on investment.
To do that, you must ensure that you have a pretty solid brand strategy that is to be the guideline for all things related to your digital marketing strategy.
There will be 3 strategies that defines a digital marketing strategy.
- Business (How do you intend to be perceived by your market?)
- Customer (How are your customers using digital technology?)
- Marketing (What channels are best for you)
Below are some of the things that a marketing strategy consist of:
- Business Plan
- Market Perception
- Target Market
- Digital Technology Usage
Having both a brand and digital marketing strategy keeps you focused. They act as a roadmap and guideline for the company. If you don’t already have one, you should start creating one soon.